Reading Time: 2 mins
Check out this yummy prize and the banana bread recipe below.
The nation is truly going mad for baking, so why not switch things up with a low sugar, healthy twist?
YaconViva’s Yacon Syrup is a natural sugar alternative is fibre-rich and has a GI of just 1, meaning it has a slower sugar absorption and none of the typical side effects, like headaches and increased thirst, associated with other sugars and sweeteners.
Available from Amazon UK, YaconViva.co.uk at £9.99 (RRP for a 220g bottle), YaconViva syrup is ideal for those following diets including; gluten-free, paleo, low sugar, low carb and keto.
We’re giving one lucky winner the chance to win a bottle!
The nation is truly going mad for banana bread, so why not switch things up and make yours with a low sugar, healthy twist?
This naturally delicious banana bread recipe made with YaconViva’s Yacon Syrup is the perfect household treat for all those with a sweet tooth!
Ultimate Lockdown Banana Bread
The Ultimate Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
2 ripe Bananas
1tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
100g YaconViva Yacon Syrup
230g self-raising flour
- Preheat your oven to 170C and place a low sided baking tray on the middle shelf (this helps prevent a soggy bottom) and then line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, and once melted, add the bananas and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Add in the vanilla essence, cinnamon, milk and YaconViva Yacon Syrup and mix again.
- Add in the eggs and mix, ensuring they are fully mixed in.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and add the flour in. Mix to combine for about 15 more seconds.
- Pour into the prepared tin and cover loosely with tin foil. Cook for 45mins. After 45 mins take off the tin foil and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Let it cool before transferring to a serving plate. Enjoy!
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below:
Which continent are the Andes Mountains in?
- South America
The competition closes on Monday 1st June at midnight. The winner will be announced on our competition winners page. Good luck everyone!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition is promoted by MoneyMagpie (“Promoter”).
- Competition entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or older. No purchase necessary.
- Prize is supplied by YaconViva.
- The competition is not open to employees (and their families) of the Promoter MoneyMagpie or partner YaconViva, their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of the competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for lost or late competition entries.
- The winner will be chosen at random by an independent judge and will be notified via email or telephone. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition you consent to being communicated to by the Promoter. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send the Promoter full details of their postal address to which the prize will be delivered (if applicable).
- If the Promoter cannot: (a) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within 5 working days or (b) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a new winner until a winner on these terms is found.